Wednesday, July 19, 2006

How a tiny insect can upset the best-laid plans

Well, tonight my friend A came around to hang a painting I bought at her recent Open Studio.

But a couple of days ago she was bitten on the foot by an insect, it swelled up and for some complicated reason this meant she couldn't bring the essential item for hanging the painting. (I leave these things to the professionals, so I'm not quite sure of the details.)

So we spent the evening drinking wine and listening to the wonderful Philippe Jaroussky on CD. (What a sensational voice! And, judging by the concert at which I heard him live, a personality to steal any show. A star of the future, for sure.)

So no new painting to show off yet. Hopefully, in a few days time, there will be something to report. But at least she said all the right things about my re-upholstered chairs - a great success!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home