Friday, July 14, 2006

They're back!!

Settee returning through window

My re-upholstered chairs are back! At last my visitors have somewhere to sit.

A process which I had postponed for fifteen years because I could not face the choice of material and dreaded the upheaval necessary to get the furniture out of my flat turned out to be reasonably painless, thanks to the friendlines and good humour of everyone involved. Many thanks to all who helped: Hilda for choosing the fabric and, by email, the gimp*; Alison for encouragement; Sharon for measuring; those who so cheerfully and effortlessly handled the terrifying job of taking heavy and unwieldy furniture through an upstairs window with only a tiny ladder; and Jackie of Lewisham Council Pest Control department (don't ask).

*A few weeks ago I would have had no idea what this word meant.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The flowers beneath the window are beautiful!!!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

Typical! I post a dramatic picture of human effort and ingenuity and all people are interested in are my neighbour's flowers!

6:19 PM  
Blogger HL said...

But of course!

4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home