Saturday, May 20, 2006

The joy of an iPod

The shuffle function on my iPod threw up this wonderful track "Not-very-long Song", which I had completely forgotten, from Howard Skempton's album of his accordion music Home and Abroad.


Powered by Castpost

One of the things I love about this short piece is that it reminds me of Skempton's choral Song of Songs setting, which repeats again and again the words "This is the Song of Songs, which is Solomon's". I heard it once in a memorable concert in Cambridge and wish someon would record it!

(And after many efforts when my internet connection failed at the critical moment, I have at last succeeded in uploading it. Bruce and the spider come to mind.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your spiderskills, the Skempton tranche is a joy

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home