Monday, November 27, 2006

Dreaming

I very rarely dream, or at least rarely remember my dreams. So I'm envious of those who have exciting dream-lives. But I did dream last night.

I dreamt that I had woken up. Not knowing what the time was, and anxious that my 3am insomnia might have caused me to sleep in and miss my early morning lecture, I stretched out to turn the bedside lamp on. Nothing happened: I realised that in my haste I had somehow broken it. For a reason I don't understand, my next step was to unplug this lamp, which I did without getting out of bed (impossible). At this point my eyes acclimatised to the dark and I realised that I had instead unplugged my radio, which would necessitate a ten-minute resetting of the clock and all the tuning. Feeling thoroughly annoyed, I realised that I still didn't know the time. I remember nothing more, but when I woke up (probably a few minutes later, if not immediately) I was surprised to find lamp and radio working.

If this is the kind of dream I'm going to have, perhaps it's lucky I rarely dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home