Friday, November 17, 2006

Looking through windows

Earlier this week, in a meeting, I was distracted by background noise - like chatter leaking from the earphones of someone listening to loud music. Then as I looked through the window at the russet treas with their autumn leaves (yes, it was an absorbing meeting) I realised that what I was hearing was birdsong.

Bloody birds, interfering with important meetings!

Then today on the bus home, with heavily steamed up windows (yes, it has been raining all day again: there are pools of water along all the streets of Lewisham), with nothing visible outside except blurred streetlights and car headlights, losing track of the journey, rather disoriented.

I love rainy autumn evenings as the light goes - childhood memories of walking home from football matches with my father at a quarter to five on Saturday, with a warm fire and hot meal waiting and happy because my team had won.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home