Friday, February 16, 2007

"Little has happened in my life, but I have read a great deal"

"Little has happened in my life, but I have read a great deal, which is to say I have found few things more memorable than Schopenhauer's ideas and the verbal music of England.

"A man sets himself the task of portraying the world. Over the years he fills a given surface with images of provinces and kingdoms, mountains, bays, ships, islands, fish, rooms, instruments, heavenly bodies, horses, and people. Shortly before he dies he discovers that this patient labyrinth of lines is a drawing of his own face."

Borges, 1960
That's what worries me about keeping a blog.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a whole bunch of theology concerned with Last Moments and what one may learn then... if the worst that can happen is that you've generously shared some moments in a blog, then you're doing ok...xnil

1:07 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

I don't mind sharing: it's the self-portrait that worries me! I want to be anonymous.

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home